Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game Bag Policy
Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game Bag Policy
In the interest of enhancing existing security measures at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and FanZone presented by Coca-Cola will strictly enforce a bag policy regulating the size and type of permissible bags.
ONLY THE FOLLOWING BAGS WILL BE PERMITTED:
- -Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- -One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- -Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (approximately the size of a hand)
- -An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose
Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the stadium in a permissible clear bag, such as binoculars and cameras.
This policy pertains to bags and is not an all-inclusive list of items that are prohibited from being taken into the stadium. Click here to view a list of prohibited items.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- -Are other events limiting bags?
Yes. The NFL has a clear bag policy, as do all SEC and some other Power 5 programs.
- -How does the new policy improve public safety?
The clear bag is easily searched and significantly reduces faulty bag searches. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign.
- -Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags? No.
Fans are limited only to the type of bags carried into the stadium, not items that they may normally bring to a game that fit in pockets or clutch bags (e.g., keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards). Fans may carry a blanket over their arms, and binoculars and/or camera around their necks or in their hands without the case. Fans may also use the clear bag and clutch to carry these items and other permissible items. Every member of the family may carry in a permissible bag.
- -What about diaper bags?
Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the stadium.
- -How many bags may each person bring into the stadium?
One large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or the 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear bag – plus a small clutch that does not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
- -May fans carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or tablets separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. A phone, binoculars or cameras may be carried into the stadium as long as it is not in its own bag.
- -If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
There will be designated entrances to allow screening of these bags and medically necessary items.
- -Will this policy affect the ability of fans to tailgate? Are there limitations on tailgating items?
No. Fans will be able to enjoy tailgating activities in the parking lots and do so with greater safety and knowledge for entry into the stadium.
- -Does this bag policy apply to credentialed individuals (e.g., media, staff)?
There will be an exception specifically for “credentialed” individuals who bring bags that do not meet the policy guidelines. However, their bags will still be searched prior to entry, and only bags that pass the inspection will be allowed into the stadium.